- The material contained in this website is provided solely for informational purposes and is considered attorney advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
- This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship between you and Crowell & Moring LLP or any of its attorneys or an offer to create such an attorney-client relationship.
- Please do not send information to us that you consider confidential without first obtaining:
- a written statement from us that we represent you (a “retention letter”). or
- permission from one of the firm’s attorney’s to provide confidential information to us relating to a particular matter.
- The information in our website is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up-to-date. Case matters described are examples of experience that Crowell & Moring LLP lawyers have gained during and/or prior to their tenure with the firm. This website should not be relied upon or construed as legal advice. You should not act or elect not to act based upon this information without seeking professional counsel.
- Crowell & Moring LLP has its principal office in Washington, D.C. and maintains offices in California, New York, London, Brussels, Doha, and Shanghai. We do not wish to represent anyone as a result of their viewing of this website in any state in which this website may not comply with all applicable laws and ethical rules, or to represent anyone with respect to legal matters related to the laws of any state or country in which our lawyers are not admitted to practice law.
- This website may contain links to web sites not maintained by Crowell & Moring LLP. Crowell & Moring LLP is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site nor does inclusion of a link in our web site to another website imply recommendation, approval or endorsement by Crowell & Moring LLP of the site.
- Documents, forms, checklists, and other resources (“resource materials”) presented on this website have not been reviewed or endorsed by Y Combinator or the NVCA. These resource materials have been prepared for informational purposes and are not intended to (a) constitute legal, tax, or other professional advice, (b) create an attorney-client relationship, or (c) be advertising or a solicitation of any type. Use of, and access to, these resource materials do not create an attorney-client relationship between the reader or user, and Crowell & Moring LLP (“C&M”). To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any discussion of tax matters or any other information on C&M’s GrowthStudio website or Simple Series A webpage is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the internal revenue code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. Your use of resource materials does not constitute tax or legal advice from C&M. The tax consequences may vary based on your particular circumstances. You are strongly encouraged to consult your tax advisor regarding the tax consequences to you of incorporating your business and the issuance of stock to you and other service providers. The resource materials should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional advisors. You should seek legal and tax advice from attorneys licensed in the relevant jurisdiction(s) before relying on any of the resource materials. Each situation is highly fact specific and requires a knowledge of both state and federal laws and therefore any party should seek legal advice from a licensed attorney in the relevant jurisdictions. Only your individual attorney can provide assurances that these resource materials – and your interpretation of them – are applicable or appropriate to your particular situation. C&M and its attorneys expressly disclaim any and all liability with respect to actions or omissions based on this website. While C&M is hosting these resource materials, they are yours to use at your own risk. C&M and its attorneys do not assume any responsibility for any consequence of using these documents. Companies should always work with outside counsel, whether using these documents or a separate set of forms, to prepare final versions of financing documents and assist with the closing of any financing transaction. There are a variety of different documents and transactions structures which may be preferable to either the company or investors. The content on this posting is provided “as is;” no representations are made that the content is error-free. C&M makes no assurance these documents are the optimal documents or structure for your particular transaction.